Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hitting that mark

We are officially into our 3rd week. The magical time when colic is most likely to show up. So far we've dodged that bullet and WOW am I hoping to keep on that plan!! We've also started to do the newborn version of 'sleeping through the night', which is not really sleeping through the night at all. We're pulling 3-4 hour stretches between night feedings though and for that I'm ecstatic! Now it only takes me 14 hours to get 8 broken hours of sleep. WOO HOO!!

Time is flying by so fast, honestly. It breaks my heart to know that I only have 4 more weeks to sit around with him all day before I have to go back to work. On the bright side, I'll only be going back part-time AND I won't need to put him in daycare. My neighbor is having a baby in the beginning of March so we've worked out a fairly confusing calendar of who-works-when and we'll watch each others babies. I'm sure I'll have plenty of posts when I come to THAT bridge but I'm not going to worry about those challenges until I need to.

We've also discovered a love of PJs. For the first week and a half I kept him swaddled, and I still do at night but during the day he LOVES to sprawl out.






No comments: