Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a cow!!

We finally had our 1 month check up but he was 6 weeks old when it happened. James is weighing in at 11lbs 4oz!!! I can't believe what a little porker he is! The doc said that was normal growth (50-75%) and it just seems like a huge jump because we were a few weeks later than the check up should have been. We have to go back in 2 weeks for his 2 month check up so he can get all of his shots. He had to get one shot while we were there & he took it like a champ. Actually he hated the alcohol more than the needle. James also has a bit of a flat head developing on his right side, so we're putting him on a wedge while he naps & hopefully that side will pop back out. For some reason mommy's lil booger just like to lay down with his head turned to one side. Eh, what can I say- he's got quirky parents too.

In other James news I got my first smile! Believe me, I had received plenty of smiles that were followed by horrible smells and loud noises from his south end, but this was an honest-to-goodness eyes crinkling smile. It was at 4am. Ugh. I'm just glad that James has put a reward system in place for getting up in the wee hours of the night.

And one last tidbit- I am back to work. Well, as much as I plan to anyway. I can't believe 6 weeks went by so fast! I will be in the office all day on Tues & Wed and sometimes on Thurs as well. Our neighbor/'long time friend of the family' is taking care of my baby while I'm working. She's due with her 3rd child at the beginning of March. After her 6 weeks I'll be watching her kids on the days that I'm off. It's a nice arrangement for both of us- nobody needs daycare, each one of us is relying on a sitter who actually has an emotional attachment to all of the kids AND travel time is negligible (we share a driveway). I put in two days at the office this week- it wasn't too bad. Honestly it was refreshing to get a bit of my life back to normal but I am glad it's only a few days a week!

Well James & I are off- we've got some mall walking to do now (it is too damn cold in Chicago to walk outside and these pounds aren't losing themselves). I'm throwing in one pic, but check out the album link if you've got time- I put a bunch of photos up.


No comments: